Lachapelle Boys

Lachapelle Boys

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sharing

Dear Thomas,
 This evening, while we were cuddling and getting ready for sleep, you did an adorable thing.  You took your soothie and offered it to your stuffed animal.  You have been trying to give your soothie to me a lot lately, and I usually take it with my teeth and give it back to you.  Tonight, you though that the stuffed dog we were cuddling with should also have your soothie.  You are so good at sharing already.

Pretty grumpy today, I am anxious for this infection to be cleared.  It is very hard to see you feeling so bad.  You are definitely not the usual, happy Thomas.  Small things frustrate you much more quickly when you are sick.  You are determined to get past the barriers we built to keep you away from the DVD player.  Usually, you try a few times and we redirect you and tell you no.  Today, you kept trying, crying the entire time because you were getting stuck... and, of course, crying hysterically when I redirected you and said "no".  It was somewhat amusing to me, but you were not impressed.  Since this is one of the only two rooms we have to play in, you can imagine that this fight went on for a large part of our day.

Oh, you love apple slices.  I stick them in the freezer, and you get to suck on them and eat small pieces- one of your favorite snacks!

2 comments:

  1. I never thought of freezing apple slices! Good call! E and J's favorite teething snack was frozen peas. They'd also eat them as treats, and actually still do in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am terrified of peas, can he really have them? I haven't even been giving him cooked peas, I am afraid he will choke. The only downfall of the apple slice is that you have to hold it for them. It's quite an ordeal.

    ReplyDelete